Re: [css3-box][css-overflow-3] overflow-*

On 22/01/2014 12:47 AM, Jens O. Meiert wrote:
> Thanks Alan. Is this actively being worked on then? I mean, we can
> catch and debate this here (www-style) but other developers will just
> be led astray. (See the main issue around spec fragmentation [1].)
>

> [1] http://meiert.com/en/blog/20131205/spec-fragmentation/

To my knowledge no. The editor for css3 overflow is David Baron. We had
a discussion about another spec bug in late 2013 [1] [2]. Since we seem
to be the only ones interested that there is not interoperable behaviour
in respect to the bug, well there isn't much that can be done.

I wouldn't say that there is spec fragmentation but rather that CSS21
still has a few bugs and not many of the CSS modules seem to not be able
to address these bugs. They all are surrounding the CSS box model, the
behaviour of floats, overflow/clipping and writing-mode.

1. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Aug/0468.html
2. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Aug/0482.html

--
Alan Gresley