Re: Proposal: will-change property (formerly will-animate)

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-transforms/#transform-rendering

"For elements whose layout is governed by the CSS box model, any value
other than none for the transform results in the creation of both a
stacking context and a containing block. The object acts as a containing
block for fixed positioned descendants."

- James