Re: [css-syntax] i18n-ISSUE-306: reference to space character

On 07/01/2014 23:31, Simon Sapin wrote:

> http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/306
>>>  where XXX is a sequence of bytes other than 22 (ASCII for ")
>> This is unclear and looks odd. [...]
>
> In this rephrasing, I also avoid entirely mentioning the 0x22 ASCII
> character. The details of the byte pattern are not central to this note.

Actually, i think there's still a problem here. If the @charset 'thing'
is to be useful (ie. recognised for fallback encoding), then it has to
follow a precise syntax, ie. a single space between charset and quote
mark, and double quotes used rather than single.

That isn't expressed by the grammar

 <at-charset-rule> = @charset <string>;

RI