Re: [css-masking][css-shapes] fragmentation

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 20:38:35 -0800
To: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
On 01/06/2014 12:56 AM, Dirk Schulze wrote:

> After reading the latest version of CSS Fragmentation, I think it
> makes sense to let ‘box-decoration-break’[1] affect the breaking
> behavior for masking and clipping as well.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I don't have really an
informed opinion on this. The only thing I'm fairly (80%?) sure
about is that Shapes and Masking should have the same behavior.

Can you summarize what are, in your mind, the arguments for/against
having box-decoration-break affect masking+clipping?

~fantasai