Re: [css-break][css-transforms] transform on fragmented overflow

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 11:58 AM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:
> On Jan 3, 2014, at 8:44 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yeah, our multicol behavior shouldn't be taken as an endorsement of
>> any generic fragmenting behavior; it has always been a dirty
>> visual-base hack that does bad things (like putting the border of an
>> element in the next column).  Proper fragmentation would work better,
>> and probably like what FF/IE are doing.
>
> There is no implementation to blame unless it is clear from the spec how it is supposed to work. The discussion of fragmentation and borders (especially border-radius) is on another thread[1].

It's perfectly fine to blame an implementation that does undesirable
things, regardless of the state of the spec.  ^_^  A personal webapp I
use on a near-daily basis uses multicol, and suffers visually for it
in Chrome because of top borders being left behind in the previous
column, or bottom borders (or even just shadows!) being pushed to the
next column by themselves.