Re: [css-break] border-radius across fragmentation

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 2:45 AM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For sliced box-decoration the spec says: “[…] at a break […] ‘border-radius’ does not apply to its corners”[1]
>
> I interpret the rest of the text that the behavior of ‘border-radius’ should be unchanged. Is that correct? My question is about ‘border-radius’ on one of the original corners that overlaps a break. See example in the fiddle:
>
> http://jsfiddle.net/QBK7W/
>
> The border-radius in the example is 80px and therefore in the middle of a break. The behavior of Safari/Chrome, Firefox and IE differ between each other.
>
> 1) Safari/Chrome do as I interpret the spec. The border-radius continues on the next fragment.
> 2) Firefox changes the border-radius (individually for top and bottom border) so that it fits in the current fragment and does not continue on the next fragment.
> 3) IE behaves like box-decoration-break: clone was specified. The corners on the break have a border-radius.
>
> The spec is clear that behavior 3) is not wanted. I think the spec implies that 1) is the correct behavior. Would it be possible to get normative text or an example in the spec that clarifies the correct behavior?

WK/B's behavior is based on our visual-slicing of column fragments.
Our behavior is basically completely unrelated to what is actually
specced.  I think FF's behavior is a little awkward, but works well
within the context of what it's supposed to be doing.