Re: [selectors-nonelement] ::attr(*|localname), ::attr(ns|*), and ::attr(*)

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 06:20:01 +0100
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>, www-style <www-style@w3.org>
On 25.2.2014 1:32, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> However, there are probably use-cases for just grabbing all the
> attributes on an element for processing, and it would be nice if this
> was doable via something less verbose than "::attr(*|*)".  (Also, I
> feel like that might look like something weird in ASCII-art, but I
> can't quite tell what.)

I still don't understand why ::attr(*) is not viable approach for this.
I don't see any problem to have different behaviour here from universal
selector when default namespace is specified because default namespace
(on document instance) have different impact on elements and attributes.

> I propose that if the argument is omitted, like "::attr()", we select
> all attributes on the element.

I can live with this, but in my opinion ::attr(*) makes much more sense.

					Jirka