Re: [selectors-nonelement] ::attr(*|localname), ::attr(ns|*), and ::attr(*)

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 14:55:18 +0100
To: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>, www-style <www-style@w3.org>
On 24.2.2014 14:47, Simon Pieters wrote:
> ::attr(foo) selecting all foo attributes in any namespace would be
> inconsistent with the selector [foo] which selects elements with a foo
> attribute in no namespace.

Well, then I think that it makes sense to ::attr(*) and ::attr(foo)
behave differently regarding namespaces:

::attr(*) should select all attributes to be consistent with universal
selector, equivalent to ::attr(*|*)

::attr(foo) should select foo in no namespace to be consistent with
attribute selectors, equivalent to ::attr(|foo)

This is also consistent with XPath, and should create less surprises to
developers.

				Jirka