Re: [css-grid] is the "grid" shorthand syntax right ?

From: Sergio Villar Senin <svillar@igalia.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 20:00:43 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
En 19/02/14 19:52, Tab Atkins Jr. escribiu:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Javier Fernandez
> <jfernandez@igalia.com> wrote:
>> >From the description of this shorthand in the last version of the
>> specification I've got the idea that it's intended to define both
>> implicit and explicit properties using a single declaration:
>>
>> "The grid property is a shorthand that sets all of the explicit grid
>> properties (grid-template-rows, grid-template-columns, and
>> grid-template-areas) as well as all the implicit grid properties
>> (grid-auto-rows, grid-auto-columns, and grid-auto-flow) in a single
>> declaration."
>>
>> So, I have doubts the current syntax reflects such statement:
>>
>>         <‘grid-template’> | <‘grid-auto-flow’> [ <‘grid-auto-columns’> [ /
>> <‘grid-auto-rows’> ]? ]
>>
>> I understand the above syntax as someone can define either explicit OR
>> implicit properties, but no both of them. If my previous assumption was
>> right, shouldn't be like:
>>
>>        [<‘grid-template’>] ? <‘grid-auto-flow’> [ <‘grid-auto-columns’>
>> [ / <‘grid-auto-rows’> ]? ]
>
> It sets all of them.  You can only provide values for either the
> explicit *or* the implicit, though.

Maybe then we could rephrase it in something more explicit like
(underlining the changes):
"The grid property is a shorthand that _either_ sets all of the explicit
grid properties (grid-template-rows, grid-template-columns, and
 grid-template-areas) _or_ all the implicit grid properties
 (grid-auto-rows, grid-auto-columns, and grid-auto-flow) in a single
 declaration."

wdyt?

BR