Re: [selectors-nonelement] ::attr(*|localname), ::attr(ns|*), and ::attr(*)

On 19.2.2014 1:43, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>> If the prefix is omitted, the selector only matches attributes in no
>>> namespace.
>>
>> … which applies to both ::attr(foo) and ::attr(*)
>>
>> I like the consistency, but it means that "give me all the things" must be
>> written ::attr(*|*) rather than just ::attr(*), which doesn’t seem to be
>> what Jirka wanted.
>
> That's consistent with what Selectors does for type selectors, though.
>  I'd be extremely loathe to break that consistency.

I'm not sure with what you are trying to be consistent, if with the
following from the Selectors:

"*
if no default namespace has been specified, this is equivalent to *|*.
Otherwise it is equivalent to ns|* where ns is the default namespace."

Then I have to point out that default namespace does not apply to
attributes, so it doesn't make sense to align * behaviour for attributes
with elements.

Or had you in mind something different?

     Jirka