Re: [selectors-nonelement] First draft of a new spec for selecting non-element nodes

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 8:47 PM, Andrew Fedoniouk
<news@terrainformatica.com> wrote:
> Otherwise we need to mention cases like this:
>
>   input[type="number"]::attr(type) { content:"text" }
>
> etc.  Either we need to treat ::attr() as first-class pseudo-elements
> or left them shine in DOM methods or libraries like jquery.

I did mention that, when I said that ::attr() pseudo-elements never
generate boxes.  Thus "content: 'text';" has no effect on them.

They *are* first-class pseudo-elements.  Pseudo-elements don't need to
generate boxes to "exist".

DOM methods that evaluate selectors don't currently allow
pseudo-elements.  When they do, they'll do so in a generic way that
reflects ::attr() pseudo-elements as well.