RE: [css-device-adapt] How should initial viewport contribute to layout?

From: Matt Rakow <marakow@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 20:06:19 +0000
To: Kenneth Rohde Christiansen <kenneth.christiansen@gmail.com>, Xianzhu Wang <wangxianzhu@chromium.org>
> BE AWARE, that actual viewport is not the viewport you see when you have
> pinch zoomed or the browser zoomed in due to an input field being selected;
> we could probably call that pinch viewport to avoid confusion.

I think the commonly used name is "visual viewport" [1] (or at least that's the name we've been using at MSFT) -- especially since there could be other ways to get into a state where you have such a distinct viewport aside from pinching.

Thanks,
-Matt

[1] http://quirksmode.org/mobile/viewports2.html