Re: [css-gcpm] Example 3 in string()

On 2/10/14, 7:33 PM, "Cramer, Dave" <Dave.Cramer@hbgusa.com> wrote:

>I've reworked the example based on your feedback. The name of the string
>is now "heading". I've changed the text of the first caption to make this
>a bit more clear, and I've also labelled the h1 and h2 elements in the
>figures themselves.
>
>Do you think this helps? It's tricky enough that when I first started
>writing tests for this feature, I discovered a bug in one of the
>implementations.

Yes, those changes helped.

I have some further questions on first/start and fragmentation. Lets
suppose we have two elements populating a string set - element A which is
fragmented across the boundary between page 1 and page 2, and element B
that appears on page 2. My reading of string-set assignments says that
since the element A assignment occurs only on page 1, you’ll get the
contents of element B with string() using ‘first’ and the contents of
element A with string() using ‘start’. Is that the intended behavior?

Thanks,

Alan