Re: [css3-background] Corner clipping for images and gradients

From: Sebastian Zartner <sebastianzartner@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 23:23:18 +0100
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>

> > Since clipping at the border only makes sense when you have
> 'border-image-offset:0'

I guess with 'border-image-offset' you mean 'border-image-outset'.

I attached an ZIP file containing an example for what I have in mind. In
there you'll also see why clipping also makes sense in combination with
'border-image-outset'.
Please note that the used styles are not 100% correct, since you currently
can't have a border color and a border image at the same time and also
would need to be able to set different border widths for both. It should
just illustrate some use cases of border clipping.

Sebastian