Re: [shadow-styling] alternative idea.

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 16:14:28 -0800
To: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 3:37 PM, Andrew Fedoniouk
<news@terrainformatica.com> wrote:
> (as an alternative to this: http://dev.w3.org/csswg/shadow-styling/)
>
> Let's imagine that we have @-rule named @shadow that defines block of
> rules applied to the shadow tree of some element:
>
> @shadow dropdown-select {

This was actually the very first thing we tried with Shadow DOM
styling, at least two years ago.  At-rules seemed like the the most
natural context-switcher.

It ended up being *super* confusing to actually use, particularly when
you needed to switch contexts again into the <content>-distributed
stuff.

Just using normal selectors ends up working way better; it just makes
more *sense* to people in practice, we've found.