Re: [shadow-styling] First Draft of Shadow DOM Styling uploaded

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 12:34:10 -0500
To: Fran├žois REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>, www-style@w3.org
On 2/8/14 12:09 PM, Fran├žois REMY wrote:
> You could do .myThingie:inherited(var-theme: light)) ... { ...} where
> :inherited(...) only consider the inherited value of a property, and not
> its final value.

Unfortunately, requiring computation of the value on the parent before
even doing selector matching on the child is something I'm strongly
opposed to, as an implementor.  It imposes serialization constraints on
style computation that I don't consider acceptable; we should be making
style computation _more_ parallel, if possible, not less parallel...

> Not sure there exists a good way to solve this, though.

Short of giving the component its own global and document, I don't think
there is one.

-Boris