Re: [css-images] Overconstrained image sizing and preserving aspect ratio: the object-sizing property

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 15:07:01 -0800
To: "Edward O'Connor" <eoconnor@apple.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com> wrote:
>> I'm fine with "prefer-intrinsic", or something similar, for the one
>> that just upgrades the power of an intrinsic aspect ratio.
>
> Dean keeps typing "preserve-intrinsic," which might be a hint that
> "preserve" is a better term than "prefer." *shrug*

I'm thinking that we want the keyword for intrinsic AR and the keyword
for calculated AR from width/height to be similar, and there's nothing
to "preserve" in the latter.

Let's stick with the image-resolution:from-image precedent, and do
"from-intrinsic" and "from-dimensions" (or "from-size"?) as the two
keywords?