Re: [css3-background] Inconsistencies in background shorthand examples

On 07/02/2014 13:26, Stewart Brodie wrote:
> Example 18 shows multiple comma separated values for the background
> shorthand and describes the values assigned to each individual sub-property,
> using this example:
>
>      background: url(a.png) top left no-repeat,
>                  url(b.png) center / 100% 100% no-repeat,
>                  url(c.png) white;
>
> It explains that for background-repeat, this means:
>
>      background-repeat:     no-repeat, no-repeat no-repeat, repeat;
>
> I think it should be:
>
>      background-repeat:     no-repeat, no-repeat, repeat;
>
> If not, then why not?

The example says "is equivalent to", which I think is technically
correct. "no-repeat no-repeat" and "no-repeat" are equivalent within one
comma-separated part.

However, I think this trick does not help the reader, and the example
would be better as you say it should be.

--
Simon Sapin