Re: Encapsulation and defaulting to open vs closed (was Re: Shadow DOM Encapsulation)

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 01:14:05 +0100
To: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>
Cc: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
* Dimitri Glazkov wrote:
>On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 3:06 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:
>> I think it should be made clear that "we" means the Chrome team and the
>> Shadow DOM spec editors, and not the Web Apps WG as a whole.
>
>Again, simply not true:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2013JanMar/0800.html

To disprove the claim above you would have to link the group's official
records, like a message from the Chairs that the Working Group has de-
cided such-and-such, or meeting minutes approved by the group. That some
people had a good lunch is not part of the decision-making process, and
I assume Tab has not been appointed to speak for the Mozilla attendees.

It is, of course, always best to clearly identify on whose behalf one is
speaking when using "we" (and it does not mean "all of us here").