Re: Procedural (non-technical) point about freezing the cat and hat combinators before they've even been defined (was Re: Shadow DOM: Hat and Cat -- if that's your real name.)

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 14:02:41 -0500
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>
On 2/5/14 1:56 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> That term is used internally (within the
> Blink team) to indicate something that's no longer changeable (or at
> least is probably too difficult to change) *due to compat pain*.

Sure.  That was understood, I believe.

I'm personally not worried about you guys shipping what you have now and
then declaring that you're done with it.  I'm worried about you shipping
it now and web pages immediately becoming dependent on it in ways that
preempt open issues about the behavior.

-Boris