Re: Shadow DOM: Hat and Cat -- if that's your real name.

From: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 12:55:17 -0800
To: Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com>
Cc: "Edward O'Connor" <eoconnor@apple.com>, "<www-style@w3.org>" <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com>wrote:

If you want to ship it once, wait for consensus. If you want to ship it
> now, be ready to change it.

Totally agree with this. Shipping any feature is a risk. The whole set of
Blink guidelines is built to minimize this risk.

The larger/more complex the feature, the more tricky it is to balance this
risk and the benefits of the feature.

Personally, I am convinced that we've invested more than enough into
ensuring that we've got the right thing for the Web platform and built
enough confidence by proofing the concepts with both building a performant
implementation in Blink and eating the dog food with Polymer.

:DG<