Re: Shadow DOM: Hat and Cat -- if that's your real name.

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 2:26 AM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:
> A suggestion for ::shadow and ::shadow-all came out of discussing this on
> IRC.

Yeah, I think this is the best suggestion I've seen so far too.

> In any case, please do not ship combinators, ignoring the request to use
> named pseudo-elements instead,

Anonymous combinators are better than crappy names - if all we could
come up with is ::foo and ::bar, we'd absolutely go for the
combinators .  That said, I don't think we'll have any problem.

> just because we don’t agree on names within
> days’ notice.

It's been about three months since I sent the update about this stuff:
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Nov/0313.html>.  It
was mostly ignored, which isn't surprising, but the combinators were
out there and publicly discussed months ago. ^_^