Re: [css] about vertical-align on display:block elements.

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 9:28 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 3:03 PM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:
>> On 01/02/2014 21:46, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
>>> For display:block elements,
>>> what conceptually stops us from treating `vertical-align`
>>> exactly in the same way as in display:table-cell ?
>>
>> Backward compatibility with existing content that may rely on vertical-align
>> doing nothing in this case.
>>
>>> I believe this functionality is so basic and asked for
>>> so frequently that we should do something about it.
>>
>> Use Flexbox.
>>
>> http://philipwalton.github.io/solved-by-flexbox/demos/vertical-centering/
>
> Or, when it's implemented, use align-content:
> <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-align/#content-distribution>
>
> We're genericizing the Flexbox/Grid alignment properties to work on
> all the block-level display types.

Thanks Tab. That seems like close to what is needed.
Too narrative in my opinion but probably will work.

As far as understand introduction of all these
justify|align-content|items|self fireworks is one more cent to the
price of rejection of flex units and margins expressed as flexes.
But that's another story indeed.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com