Shadow DOM: Hat and Cat -- if that's your real name.

From: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 12:27:09 -0800
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Cc: William Chen <wchen@mozilla.com>, fantasai <fantasai@inkedblade.net>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Hayato Ito <hayato@chromium.org>, Blake Kaplan <mrbkap@gmail.com>
Dear CSSWG,

Blink is getting close to finally shipping Shadow DOM [1], and I would love
to settle the recently renewed discussion around the exact naming of
shadow-piercing combinators [2].

As indicated by Tab at the F2F, Blink currently implements the cat/hat
combinators proposed by yours truly [3].

FWIW, I don't fully understand why it would be so terrible to leave cat and
hat alone (in talking with Tab, there's only a weak precedent for
preferring pseudo element functions to combinators with ::content), but I
am okay with renaming them. Ultimately, it's this WG's shed, I just store
my bike there.

However, I would like to do this expeditiously (days, not weeks), so that
Blink is able to ship with the new names.

What is the proper way to do this? A phone call? A VC? How can I help
moving this along?

[1]:
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msg/blink-dev/ay9tVGRa8Rg/GQpvRbrgflgJ
[2]: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Jan/0603.html