Re: [css-grid] Sizing of grid item elements

On 10/21/2014 03:55 AM, Sergio Villar Senin wrote:
> So in one of the previous drafts[1] there was this definition of
> RemainingSpace:
>
> "The max of zero and the AvailableSpace less the sum of all Grid track
> UsedBreadth values. This is undefined if AvailableSpace is undefined
> (i.e. the Grid element is shrink-to-fit or the height is auto.)"
>
> So if I understood you correctly, does it mean that we should consider
> what is inside the parenthesis as incorrect from now on?
>
>>From the current specs[2], free space is defined as "If available space
> is indefinite, the free space is indefinite as well". Then according to
> [3] "An indefinite available size is essentially infinite". What I
> understand is that in those cases we could just grow all the tracks to
> their maximums and that's it.

The two sentences you quote are essentially saying the same thing.
If the available space is indefinite, yes, you grow all the tracks
to their maximums. In the shrink-to-fit case, you might hit a limit,
but you start by trying to do that as well.

~fantasai