Re: [css-ruby] Default font-size of ruby annotation with ruby-position: inter-character

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 9:40 AM, Xidorn Quan <quanxunzhen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> According to documents provided by editors of CLReq, the standard font size
> of bopomofo in inter-character ruby is 30% of the base text, not 50% like
> Japanese ruby.
>
> The current WebKit implementation introduces a new keyword
> -webkit-ruby-text, and interpret this to 25% when ruby-position is
> inter-character, and 50% otherwise.
>
> I suggest that this behavior have its place in the spec, but I'm not sure
> what's the best way to do so.

Thank you for bringing this up. There was a request for a property to
specify the ruby text size, but from spec-perspective, it was lower
priority so we postponed. So one way is to spec what WebKit does,
either by investigating or by asking, and if you implement, we'll get
two implementations.

The other option is you do whatever you like internally, and we don't
need to spec.

Whichever you prefer is fine with me, I just want to avoid to spec
something that is low priority and won't be implemented by at least
two UAs.

What do you think?

/koji