Re: [css-ruby] ruby-position on 2 line subtitles/captions

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 2:05 AM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:

> Recent work on supporting deployed Japanese Subtitling/Captions in TTML
> indicates a requirement to support ruby positioning on 2 line
> subtitles/captions where the first line uses right/above (before) and the
> second line uses left/below (after). We have addressed this in TTML by
> introducing an 'outside' keyword, which is interpreted as 'before' for
> lines 1 through N-1 and 'after' for the Nth (last) line.

I guess it would make more sense to combine ::first-line with ruby-position
than to define a new value. It would have different behavior from what you
defined here when there are more than two lines, but I wonder if either way
gives an ideal result in that case.

- Xidorn