Re: [css-ruby] What does it mean for "ruby-position: inter-character" to force writing-mode to be vertical?

On 10/12/14 22:36, Daniel Holbert wrote:

>   (3) Which 'writing-mode' value should we actually use?  There are two
> distinct vertical values for the "writing-mode" property: "vertical-rl"
> and "vertical-lr" -- which of those should we use here?  (In practice,
> maybe it doesn't matter, because elsewhere the spec says "There are no
> line breaking opportunities within inter-character annotations", and I
> think the "rl" vs. "lr" distinction would only matter if there are
> linebreaks. ...

IIRC, the distinction is significant even without linebreaks if the
'text-orientation' property is 'sideways': in this case, glyphs are
rotated 90° CW in 'vertical-rl' mode, but 90° CCW in 'vertical-lr'.

JK