Re: A more detailed introduction to the proposal for overlay rendering boxes

Hi Benjamin,

Not really. I have created a demo that might explain my idea better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8wIJ2GsOwo&feature=youtu.be

Basically, the goal is to create a method that allows developer easily
overlay a given element with another "overlay" element that can be
used to:

   - Simulate a disabled element,
   - Simplify dragging an element that has child elements
   - Simplify creating lightboxes, etc. (this probably can be done by the
   dialog element as well)
   - etc.

Java Swing had a similar component called the (Glass Pane), but it was not
per element/component, but it was overlaying the entire
window (JFrame):
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/figures/uiswing/components/1layers.gif

overlay elements are similar to that, but they only overlay their parent
elements.

Best regards,
Behrang
http://www.behrang.org