Re: [css-writing-modes][CSS21][css3-ui] defining 'cursor: auto' properly (Issue 48)

> On 01 Dec 2014, at 17:29, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If that's not enough for whatever reasons, what about instead the CSS
>> UI spec defines cursors against the orientation of baseline?
>
> Just noticed that using the orientation of baseline works well for
> transform:rotate() elements as well.

Hmmm. Actually, I don’t really know what the cursor should be for a 45deg rotation (there is no slanted cursor). Using the baseline angle rounded to the closest 90deg sounds reasonable enough, but browsers don’t do that.

Which makes be think of text along a curvy path. Should the cursor change as the path’s tangent goes past 45deg?

 - Florian