[css-color] currentColor, inheritance, bikeshedding

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 13:20:53 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 08/15/2014 02:44 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> We can certainly add an "auto" or similar keyword that resolves to a
> color at computed value time, so it inherits stably.  We could even
> add it back as an ordinary <color>, if we can come up with a suitably
> understandable name.

Alternately, revert the currentColor change (which I'm not sure is
implemented by anyone yet?) and use a new keyword for "inherit as
as a use-color-property keyword".

Which basically means we need two keyword names:
   a) compute to the current color value and inherit as that color
   b) inherit as a keyword that references the color value on
      whatever element it's on

One of these keywords needs to be currentColor. Probably it doesn't
matter which one.

~fantasai