sticky positioning not enough?

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 10:24:43 +0200
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
I was browsing Cnet's web site [1] this morning and started playing a
little bit with the scrollbar to see how scrolling affects the top
toolbar. Sticky positioning does not seem enough to express such
behaviour. I started thinking we need media queries based on scrollbars'
positions but that could probably create infinite loops. Then I
saw that a :sticky pseudo-class would do the trick and would be very
easy to handle from an author's point of view. What do you think?

[1] http://www.cnet.com/

</Daniel>