Re: [css-ruby] Bug in default HTML style sheet

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 01:12:29 +0100
To: Susanna Bowen <sbowen@mozilla.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 08/07/2014 12:38 AM, Susanna Bowen wrote:
> The suggested default HTML style sheet rules (in the appendix of
> the CSS ruby spec) specify the smaller font-size property on the
> rt element, but this causes some confusion when sizing the rtc
> element, which also needs to be smaller. It would be better if
> the font-size property was specified on the rtc element instead.
> Could we get this changed in the spec?

The problem is that there is not necessarily an <rtc> element.
So this all needs to work nicely whether one exists or not.

I'm sorry, I haven't specified the layout rules for the heights
of the various ruby boxes yet. But a ruby annotation container
should size to exactly fit its ruby annotation boxes.

~fantasai