Re: [selectors][css-namespaces][css-scoping] Clash between Namespaces and Scoping regarding implied universal selector

On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 8:19 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 8/9/14, 1:32 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> You think that a lot of user stylesheets use default namespaces?
>
> So I just went to https://userstyles.org/ and looked at the things under
> "The Best".  Of those ten, 5 use a default namespace.
>
> Of the ten under "The Newest" as of this moment, 7 use a default namespace.
>
> So yeah, I do think that a lot of user stylesheets use default namespaces.

Weird.  It looks like they're cargo-culting, because setting an HTML
default namespace does basically nothing.  But whatever, like I said,
the text for #2 wasn't very troublesome after I drafted it.  I'll just
go with that.