Re: Hit-testing on the body element

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 08:41:25 -0500
To: Robert Hogan <robhogan@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Aug 1, 2014 7:49 AM, "Robert Hogan" <robhogan@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the test case below, Blink and WebKit display a red background on the
body element when the mouse hovers over the page.

>      body:hover { background-color: red; }
>
> FF/IE/Presto do not display a red background. None of them set
pointer-events:none on the body element, so I'm guessing each
implementation special-cases the body element some other way.

> Is this behaviour specified anywhere or is it just common-sense? Would
using pointer-events:none in html.css be a better way of enforcing it?

Did you intend for that to have no doctype, and thus be in quirks mode?