Re: [css-shapes] Should shape-margin's computed value be the used value?

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 5:16 PM, Bear Travis <betravis@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I had a quick question about shape-margin’s computed value. In the spec, the
> shape-margin property can be a length or percentage, but computes to an
> absolute length [1]. In general, I thought that computed values [2] did not
> resolve percentages when the percentages depended on layout. Is there a
> reason this property would be different? I know that even with a percentage
> value as the computed value, the resolved value [3] returned by
> getComputedStyle might be different, but I would hope they could stay the
> same. Border-radius [4] is one example of a property that preserves
> percentages in the computed value.

(You're asking about the resolved value, or the getComputedStyle()
return value, not the computed value.)

It should be the computed value.  The only things that do the used
value are legacy properties, and some of the Grid properties due to
compat issues with the early MS implementation.