Re: Image orientation for backgrounds

On 4/15/14 3:08 PM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> So, really what I'm hearing is you need a way to tell the browser
> rotate/transform a background image, and a way to find out from the
> image metadata if that's needed, right?

Those would be a bare minimum.  To make use of those one would also need
access to the background image's data and some script to glue all the
bits together (read the background image's metadata from somewhere, hunt
down the things with the background, add a background rotation to all of
them, update if/when the background image changes).

Much better ergonomics would be if one could just say "use the
image-provided orientation" directly when specifying the
background-image.  ;)

-Boris