Re: [css-masking] lc issue 8: clip-rule

Hi fantasai,

On Dec 17, 2013, at 12:30 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

> On 12/13/2013 11:27 AM, Dirk Schulze wrote:

>>> Examples are informative.
>>
>> Thanks for the clarification.
>>
>> The definition of clip-rule is still complete. fill-rule is normatively
>> referenced. It is said that UAs must follow what fill-rule does and there
>> is a normative paragraph that clip-rule just applies to descendants of
>> the <clipPath> element.
>
> I can infer that 'evenodd' and 'nonzero' on 'clip-rule' are interpreted
> analogously to 'fill-rule', but nothing says how it is interpreted for
> clipping. Nothing says that it applies to the clipping path, for example,
> as opposed to some other polygon.
>
> You need a real definition here.

I added normative tests describing what even odd and nonzero aim to do and explained that this is effecting the shape use in the clipping region [1]. The actual algorithm is referenced from SVG 1.1. Please tell me if you still believe that this is not sufficient enough.[2]

Greetings,
Dirk

[1] http://dev.w3.org/fxtf/css-masking-1/#the-clip-rule
[2] http://dev.w3.org/fxtf/masking/issues-lc-2013.html#issue-8