Re: [css-values] The length unit 'Q' (quarter of millimeter)

On 11/17/2013 02:38 AM, MURAKAMI Shinyu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to propose adding a length unit, 'Q' (1Q = 0.25mm).
>
> The unit 'Q' is very common in Japanese typesetting and
> all major professional typesetting system used in Japan support
> this, for example, InDesign's Japanese version uses 'Q' as font size
> unit by default setting.
>
> I think the unit 'Q' is not only necessary for Japanese typesetting
> professionals but also useful for many other people worldwide using
> the international standard metric system.
>
> See the following article for more details about 'Q':
>
>    Font size in the metric system (by Toshi Omagari)
>    http://tosche.net/2013/10/font-size-in-the-metric-system_e.html

Thank you for your simple and well-explained proposal, Murakami-san!

The CSSWG resolved to accept your proposal for CSS Values and Units,
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Apr/0016.html
and I have folded it into the spec here:
   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-values/#q

This is 2013 CR Issue #7:
   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-values-3/issues-cr-2013#issue-7

~Elika