Re: Can we have more maths in calc()?

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 19:17:42 -0700
To: Zack Weinberg <zackw@panix.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Monday 2014-04-07 21:41 -0400, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> Are there any circumstances where  (expr) / <length> risks division by
> zero when the denominator is not syntactically detectable as zero? Not
> (expr) / (expr) where the denominator happens to be type length, but a
> literal <length>.

Use of font-size-dependent units combined with 'font-size: 0'
produces that result, and perhaps some other similar cases.  It's
certainly a more realistic problem with expressions of type length,
though (e.g., dividing by (5em - 60px)).

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,
             And to whom I was like to give offense.