Re: [matrix][cssom-view] DOMPoint, DOMPointLiteral definitions

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 11:12:08 +0200, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:

> Lots of DOM things throw in both modes (or no-op in both modes).

Maybe I was wrong about this; I'm aware of examples in CSSOM and SVG but
not in HTML.

> For instance CSSStyleDeclaration#cssText throws when it's readonly. It's
> possible that we should stop doing that for new things. I'll bring this
> up on public-script-coord.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2013JulSep/thread.html#msg663

Takeaway so far:

* There is precedent for separate interfaces: URLUtils and
URLUtilsReadOnly.
* Anne van Kesteren at least seems to prefer separate interfaces.

If we use separate interfaces for DOMRect and DOMRectReadOnly, should we
do something similar for CSSStyleDeclaration? François suggested this in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Aug/0494.html

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software