Re: [css3-gcpm] Page groups, named pages, and :first

On 9/25/13 11:50 AM, "Simon Sapin" <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:

>This seems to assume that :first selects the first page of the group,
>which is not the case. The Paged Media defines :first as matching the
>first page *of the document*. This does not change when the pseudo-class
>is combined with a named page selector. (The two are just combined in a
>logical "and".)
>
>I agree that it would be useful to select the first page of a group, but
>that is not :first.

We depend heavily on this concept, which is used by Prince:

div.Chapter {
page: body;
prince-page-group: start;
}

This ensures that body:first will be used for the chapter opener, even if
the first page of the document was three hundred pages ago.

Dave

This may contain confidential material. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender, delete immediately, and understand that no disclosure or reliance on the information herein is permitted. Hachette Book Group may monitor email to and from our network.