Re: [matrix][cssom-view] DOMPoint, DOMPointLiteral definitions

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
> wrote:
> > Who said anything about DOMRect inheriting from DOMQuad? It shouldn't,
> IMHO.
> > Constructing a DOMQuad from a DOMRect is good enough.
>
> I think I did - anything that can take a DOMQuad should be able to
> take a DOMRect as well, and user-level code should be able to interact
> with multiple Quads/Rects in a consistent way (that is, as Quads).  We
> could maybe do this latter by just letting the DOMQuad constructor
> take a DOMRect (and vice versa, to obtain the aligned bounding rect?).

I feel like things are spinning out of control here. Should we make
DOMPoint inherit from DOMRect since a point is just a degenerate rectangle?

APIs that take quads (of which we have zero right now) can take DOMRects as
well via overloading or union types. That, plus a DOMQuad constructor that
takes a DOMRect, and DOMQuad.bounds, should be enough to make things
arbitrarily convenient.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*