Re: Selectors: hooks needed by DOM

On 12/09/13 16:40, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> http://dom.spec.whatwg.org/ now defines the "Selectors API", i.e. the
> query/queryAll/querySelector/querySelectorAll methods and a new
> Elements object that has query/queryAll.

Thanks for the notification. Although I am glad to see read the
Selectors API still has someone actively working on it, I can't help
but thinking this had and still has a W3C WG host and the work on
Selectors API should be continued there in liaison with CSS WG.

One issue though: The W3C always look at issues related to stability
and patent commitments around specifications developed by other groups,
so we review normative references on a case-by-case basis. In this
case, DOM with Selectors API has issues with stability and patent
commitments. The W3C Director has instructed us not to reference
specifications showing such issues.

</Daniel>
--
W3C CSS Working Group, Co-chair