Re: [matrix][cssom-view] DOMPoint, DOMPointLiteral definitions

On Sep 24, 2013, at 1:30 PM, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:

> Dirk Schulze wrote:
>> How do you specify that without having two transformPoint() definitions, one with a DOMPoint argument and the other with a DOMPointLiteral argument?
>
>   DOMPoint transformPoint((DOMPoint or DOMPointLiteral) point);

But in this case, does the author always want to get a DOMPoint in return? If the author passes a DOMPointLiteral, why not returning one?

To be honest, I understand the wish of having dictionaries where possible. But if it turns out that this is not enough (that we will need an interface for DOMPoint was the beginning of the discussion), I would rather not introduce two of the same things. On the other hand, dictionaries are less expensive.

Greetings,
Dirk