Re: [matrix][cssom-view] DOMPoint, DOMPointLiteral definitions

On Sep 23, 2013, at 8:28 PM, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:

> On Sep 22, 2013, at 12:22 AM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I added the definitions of DOMPoint and DOMPointLiteral to DOMMatrix [1] for now. We may move it to CSSOM View or any other spec where it makes sense to define it. Please comment if you have concerns about the IDL or definitions.
>
> Why do we need both DOMPoint and DOMPointLiteral?

In previous discussions, people liked to have the "modern" way of setting attributes with dictionaries like {x: 2, y: 3}.

> Also, why are the members of DOMPoint (and DOMRect/DOMQuad) readonly? Do they have to be?

They are not. (As long as I am not missing something.)

> I think it should be easy for authors to move a DOMRect by assigning to its origin, for example.

You mean setting the origin? Yes, it probably should be. (As long CSOM allows them to be mutable.)

Greetings,
Dirk