Re: [cssom-view] More getBoxQuads/convert*FromNode issues

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 5:19 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>wrote:

> But yeah, your choice seems reasonable here.  Having border-box return
> something other than the box that the border surrounds would be
> super-confusing and bad.  Having margin-box return something other
> than the extent of the margins would be super-confusing and bad.
> Having the two differ by more than just the size of the margins is
> also confusing and bad, but less so I think - it makes the feature
> less consistent between results, but keeps each individual call
> consistent.

OK good.

One thing we could do to help is introduce additional box types
"margin-inside" and "border-inside" to let authors cope with tables (where
there is content between the border-box and the inside of the margins) and
scrolled elements (where there is content between the padding-box and the
inside of the borders). This could be done as a later extension if we find
it's needed.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*