Re: Media Query Variables

On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 20:32:02 +0100, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
wrote:

> Le 14/09/2013 20:17, Simon Pieters a écrit :
>> There would be no race if we only allow <style>.
>
> Although it doesn’t right now, Servo will probably want to parse
> stylesheets (including <style>) in parallel with the rest of the HTML. I
> would rather have features added that requires blocking on stylesheet
> parsing.

Media query variables don't require browser to block. They're basically
event-based.

You can parse <style> asynchronously, and trigger <picture> source
selection algorithm (asynchronously as well) at any time when you
encounter MQ variable definition.

I've written in more detail how to handle external CSS without wasted
downloads, but the same applies to async <style>:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Sep/0357.html

--
regards, Kornel