Re: [css-shapes] shape-image-threshold should be clearer about >= vs >

On 9/11/13 6:00 PM, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:

>On Wednesday 2013-09-11 08:43 -0700, Alan Stearns wrote:
>> On 9/11/13 8:22 AM, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
>> > * the Initial value doesn't describe the current behavior, so
>> >   another value would be needed
>>
>> The intended behavior is for the 0.0 initial value to enclose all of the
>> pixels that are not fully transparent. I want that to be the behavior of
>> the initial value, and I don't think picking an arbitrary amount of
>> decimals for a 0.0001 initial value is a good idea.
>
>But shouldn't the Initial Value lead to a behavior that matches the
>behavior of existing floating images in CSS?
>
>Or is there a separate property that toggles whether this property
>does anything?

That is a good point. The only thing this property does is determine what
portion of the alpha channel data is used when extracting a shape from an
image. So if you are not extracting a shape from an image, this property
does nothing.

Thanks,

Alan