Re: [css3-page][css-gcpm] Styling elements differently based on whether they appear on a left or right page

On Sep 11, 2013, at 1:34 AM, Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com> wrote:

> Two possible solutions are sketched here:
>
>  http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-gcpm/#page-and-column-pseudo-elements
>
> #1, building on pseudo-element:
>
>  article::page(left) p {   /* select all p elements that appear on left pages in an article */
>    text-align: left;
>  }

It actually feels more like a pseudo-class to me, though I can understand those who disagree.

> #2, Brad's curly brackets solution
>
> @page :left {
>   {
>      p { text-align: left } /* select all p elements that appear on left pages */
>   }
> }
>
> I like both syntaxes.

We could have both, actually. One could be syntactic sugar for the other, allowing more freedom for where authors want to write their rules (do I put the 'article:page(right)’ rule right after my 'article' rule, or do I put all the '@page:right' rules together in a block?).